Declaring or Applying to a Major
One of our core missions is to work with students to find majors that fit their interests, skills, and talents. We encourage students to:
- Talk with your DGS academic advisor
- Check out our Exploration Resources
- Attend the Majors and Minors Fair
- Attend the Apply Yourself Workshop
Process for Changing Your Major
Students are generally able to change majors during Intercollege Transfer (ICT) periods.
Please note the following:
- ICT periods are not the same for all colleges or all majors.
- Some colleges require an application process.
- You can change majors one time only during any given ICT period.
- Mid-semester curriculum changes will be effective for the following semester.
- The Bioengineering major is not available for intercollege transfer.
You are encouraged to call 217.333.4710 to make an appointment with an academic advisor in the Division of General Studies to personally discuss transfer requirements.